New jacket for M, reversible, finished this morning just in time for 75 degree sunshine. It's alright, there will be plenty of cool spring nights. I wanted it fitted, so I'm pretty positive it will not fit her by fall, but that's alright. I made it from scrap fabrics and buttons, so the total cost: $0. The pattern is based loosely on her favorite sweater. I know now not to try to put buttonholes through multiple layers of thick fabrics - kind of a disaster. I ended up making the buttonholes manually with a zig-zag stitch on the machine.
Patched a pair of pants. I threatened to pre-emptively patch all the boys pants next fall, as almost all of them have holes in the knees.
Pajama shorts from t-shirts. I sewed the waistband inside-out on the last one. Oh well, it'll probably be more comfortable that way! I actually started these for A last summer, but E will wear them now. Yet another advantage to spacing kids really close!
Up this next week: Raincoat for M, knit socks for A and E, and shopping for fabric for Easter outfits.


Love the jacket Sarah. You are amazing. I want to start back up sewing again. I need to make a bunch of things for the house
ReplyDelete